Thursday, September 22, 2011

What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?

Diapers, freeway lanes at rushhour, From regular to diet Coke, Channels without a remote, %26quot;F%26quot; grades on the report card you bring home, state politicians in California, internet providers, Bathroom floor tiles, my daughter's choice in men, one burnt out Christmas light bulb, my dad's mindWhat are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
I think that no matter how much you want to change someone's personality when you date them it does not work! You shouldn't be with someone if they're a project to you, you have to learn to like people for who they are already. I also think that if they're once a cheater, they're always a cheater. They can try to change, but they wont.



I turn the music loud I just simply meant that you can't completely change someone's personality. Its not like flipping a switch where you're one way when the lights off and you change into someone else completely when you flip the switch on.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
It would be very IMPOSSIBLE to have world peace. And I don't believe in you amanda... People can change.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
...sexual preferences, I think,What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
Opinions of

politics and religionWhat are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
Our view of the world. No matter who you are, you've been indoctrinated into the reality of your surroundings....to believe it to be true. Whether it is or not, it's difficult to change that point of view without outside help and a deep desire to.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
mentalityWhat are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
In people, their entrenched habits are difficult to change.

In life, values imbibed from past experiences are difficult to change.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
When people have grown up in a certain enviroment all their life it is hard to change the mentality caused by it. It is possible but difficult it takes many nights rather then just one night.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
we never want what we have and we never have what we want.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
In people... or life...



I guess the bond between them... is hard to change... and so is the mere detailed characteristics... of both...



The impossible to change... in both and everything else there is to change... is the unknown... if you don't know it... you can't change it...



Cheers!!!!!What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
The only thing that I have ever been able to do to effect

change in people or in life is to change myself. This I have done.

I did not do this by myself since I didn't know how. I sought

out people who knew of methods for self-work and went into

an intense period of self reflection and self examination.

Some of the things I learned and was able to implement

in my life were as follows: (The terms here are my limited

ability to verbalize ideas for which there are no words)

1) What I call %26quot;I%26quot; does not exist. Instead there are many little

I's running around in my head, each with their own agenda and

often at odds with other I's in there with it.

2) I found a way to work with those I's which made it possible

for me to superimpose what might be called a managerial set

of I's who could keep the unruly I's from making unreasonable

demands and stirring up trouble.

3) I discovered that I am not equipped to make people or life

adhere to my wants and needs.

4) I found that I had many wants and needs that I did not

really have.

5) I found that I was attached to the ideas and material things

in life and that what I thought I owned actually owned me.

6) I learned that I lied to myself a lot.

7) I saw that I had a highly imaginary idea of myself and

the world I lived in.

8) The list goes on.

What I was taught to do was to meditate, observe myself as

objectively as I could and to learn to live in the moment,

without deciding before hand what I wanted me to be

when these were in place.

This was all very helpful for me and I begin to notice that

I was not acting or thinking or feeling in the same way I had

over the years. I begin to feel at home when I was within

myself. I was no longer under constant siege by those

irrational thoughts that had to do with people and life. To put

it simply, I became and remain to this day a man of peace.

This work will continue on until I die or am unable to think

anymore and I look forward to every day as if it were a

new beginning. I have my ups and downs just like everyone

else but I no longer Identify myself with them. They are

the vagaries of life and who and what I am is no longer

dependent upon their presence or absence to make me feel

ok with myself. This is a highly abbreviated illustration of

how I have answered this question for myself. In just a few

sentences, I have tried to express what has taken almost 30

years to actualize.

One final point. I did this while conducting my ordinary life.

No retreats. No monasteries. No isolated secret schools. It was

pointed out to me early on that If I could do these things and

realize peace and serenity while life and people did there

chaotic dances around me then, I could do it anywhere.

I hope this has helped. Something of this sort might work

for you or it might not. Its just one man's account of what

it was like, what happened and what its like now.

Good luck to you.What are a few things that you think are difficult to change , in people or in life?
story

a scorpion wanted to cross a river.so he asked a frog if he could ride across on his back.

the frog said no..you will sting me and i will die.

the scorpion said i wouldn't do that then we would both die

so the frog agreed

as they got half way across the scorpion stung the frog

as they were both going under the frog asked..why?

the scorpion said..because i am a scorpion...



[ you are who you are ]