Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?

its been a little bit of a crazy year for me this year.. ive begun my first year in college for one, away from a family which i never really have been able to fit into in the first place. i dont really have any relatives, its just me, my 2 siblings, and my mom, and quite frankly, they are all alike and i totally dont click with them, so leaving college was hard, but not really that bad for someone who never really had anyone to lean on in the first place. i also for the first time actually started to make friends for the first time this year. back at school, i have always been a bit too mature for my own age, so throughout high school, it was like i was quiet and very restrained, and no one really wanted to be my friend or let me into their lives because i was new and all cliques had been formed by high school years. it was like, the teachers understood me more than the other students, and i always found myself growing to really get to know and respect my teachers because i could talk to them and they would get me. so i kind of went through high school as a loner, but never really had much of a problem with it. i enjoyed just being me and for some reason never had a problem being just independent and left alone. but a major 360 this year, where i really started to make a group of friends, which actually strangely happened to be all guys, but still, i found that they are not always the genuine friends that care so much and would do anything in the world for me. so as far as my life has gone, i have yet to really understand friendship, because i would do anything for a friend, and a great listener and an amazing shoulder to be there for someone, yet no one has ever really been there for me. and my love life, which has been the absolute death of me. without being cocky, i am an extremely beautiful girl, breathtaking, but not the hott, sexy girl that the college guys are looking for a random hookup with. i am totally the relationship type of girl, and i get the attention, but not the right kind. and the guy i completely fell in love with, my good friend, used me to hook up with me, and then told me he cant do this, it would never work out, cause theres this girl at home he likes.



so in other words, i feel like my whole life people have always screwed me over. i never have had anyone to rely on, and as far as i have seen, many good deeds do go unnoticed, true love does not exist, and not everyone does discover real friendship.



i am looking for a book that will help me gain some strength in my life and help me discover true happiness. i dont have too much time to read, so i really want to make sue that this is a good one. i need something that will change my life, ya know? could anyone help me out here? i feel a bit like a lost soul...My life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?
I%26039;m sorry to hear about how you feel. I used to feel left out at school but then i read the Obernewtyn Chroncicles by Isobelle Carmody. They are really good! It is about people who have powerful mind powers but if someone found out about their powers they would be burnt on a stake in front of many people. They are known as Misfits. These stories changed my life. Isobelle writes so well, every person who reads these series will feel addicted to them! Even my dad has read them and loved them! The books are:

Obernewtyn (book1)

The Farseekers (book2)

Ashling (book3)

The Keeping Place (book4)

Tthe Stone Key (book5)

The Sending (Forthcoming sometime this year, book6)

I hope they fill your world with happiness and love like they did for me :)

go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obernewtyn_ If you wanty to find out more about these books.My life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?
The Bible. I know, you%26039;re going to sigh and roll your eyes. But I%26039;m serious. It%26039;s tough to read and understand alone though. Go to a college youth group (there are usually a lot to choose from on campus). It will change your life...My life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?
I know this isn%26039;t what you want to hear, but, the bible. God really does help people, or at least, the idea of him makes people be better people. I%26039;ve met some of the most amazing people i know through church, too. :)



You should also diffidently read books by Wally Lamb. I suggest you start with I Know This Much Is True. It%26039;s about a man who has a lot of struggles, many revolve around his deceased child, his ex-wife who he still loves, his bad childhood, or his schizophrenic twin brother who had recently chopped off his own hand as a %26039;sacrifice%26039;. I know it sounds bazaar, but its really believable when you read it. You%26039;ll love the main character, he goes through a lot and still manages to be a decent person. I%26039;m not saying he%26039;s perfect, but he%26039;s decent and good. Its really uplifting.My life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?
I think the only two books(series of books) that have made me feel inspired like that are The O%26039;Malley Series by Dee Henderson (specifically The Healer, the fifth book of six) and the Bible.



I know it sounds crazy, like I%26039;m a crazy Bible freak. But it%26039;s the only thing that has kept me going through high school. I%26039;m way more mature than most all my friends in my grade, and my best, closest friend is about eight to ten years older than me. I think that%26039;s a reason most of the teachers love me and my friends avoid me. My best friend Beth says they think I%26039;m too good for them, but she%26039;s the encouraging friend that Always makes me feel good like that. When you get to the point, especially in your situation, you%26039;ll realize that high schoolers are superficial, especially girls. Everyone is trying to grow up too fast, so they try to act %26quot;cool%26quot; and %26quot;grown up%26quot; which, in turn, makes them look like immature middle schoolers. I%26039;ve matured enough to realize that it%26039;s okay to be immature and crazy-- conditionally. I don%26039;t have to act like a shallow jerk like the rest of them, because I realize that a) you%26039;re only a kid for a small part of your life, and 2) more importantly, their opinions about me don%26039;t matter. Only God%26039;s opinion about me matters. If you think about it, the judging that high schoolers input on each other is a *blessing* compared to God%26039;s. So I smile and ignore it, trying to further the only thing I believe that really matters in the grand scheme of things: God%26039;s Kingdom.



If you%26039;ve ever read the book %26quot;You Are Special%26quot; by Max Lucado ( a very, Very short read: %26039;bout ten, twenty pages at most), it%26039;s a great one. It%26039;s about these %26quot;creations%26quot; called Wemmicks that are labeled with stars and dots. The stars are the %26quot;Good%26quot; labels where people think they are good, and the dots are the %26quot;Bad%26quot;. Well this one Wemmick named Punchinello is covered in dots...due to all the scratches from not being good. After a while of sulking, he meets this girl who has no dots nor stars. It%26039;s because he spends time with their Maker, a woodcarver named Eli. That makes her realize that others%26039; opinions don%26039;t matter, so no matter how many stars or dots other Wemmicks put on her, they fall straight off because she spends time with Eli so much. That%26039;s actually a very inspirational story.



Here%26039;s a link where you can hear the story online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scj3A1cLVMy life is so lonely. looking for a life changing, motivational book?
like everyone before, I would have to say the Bible too. I%26039;m not a religious fanatic in anyway, but there are some good stories in it. the one I did read in high school was Job and it crossed with a play called JB for our lesson. It%26039;s a pretty good story, not too long, about loss and holding on to your faith.. Really good if you want a quick story.



I can relate to some of what you posted, not the highly sought after attractive girl really wanting a relationship in college, but having male friends and being different from other people. I%26039;m not big into cliches either; it%26039;s fairly limiting in my opinion, and you just might not get to meet other people because of that too. Most of my friends tho, I have had for a good twenty or in the teens years. College is a great time tho. You get to discover who you are and always grow as a person, and you will also find out more about what kinds of things you want in your life and what you don%26039;t want. Don%26039;t compromise either.



on another note, the question you were asking about books, I%26039;m a big mystery book person, and I%26039;ve also read some John Sparks books. he%26039;s awesome!! Motivating books: there%26039;s the book from the founder of Chic-Fil-A ( forgot what it%26039;s called, but it%26039;s about him and his business. his successes and his failures in his life and business). Really good. If you%26039;ve ever seen Rudy the movie, Rudy Ruddabaker (?) does have a book too. He has this non-stop enthusiasm and drive to meet his goal. The Fish series is good too. About work and life and to get as much out of them as possible: Fish, Fish Tales, Fish Sticks. All very wonderful.