Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What is the best (or most positive), life-changing event that has happened to you?

I would to hear people's stories of amazing, life-changing events that have helped them feel like their life has meaning and purpose. The more detailed answers, the better!



**10 POINTS to the most detailed, (and most likable story!)**What is the best (or most positive), life-changing event that has happened to you?
The birth of my children gave meaning to my life. Caring for them and watching them grow into adulthood changed my life. : )What is the best (or most positive), life-changing event that has happened to you?
If we're talking the most positive, I'd say my stroke. Sounds weird, but you might need a little background to understand better.



When I was 14, I had a stroke, for no apparent reason. I lost almost all ability in my right (dominant) side and it took various doctors almost 5 days to diagnose me. I couldn't walk, smile, enunciate or even close my right eye when I went to sleep. I had to go through some pretty intense physio and now I'm nearly 100% at 17.



When I was in the hospital and the rehab centre, I saw the most sick kids of my life. Cancer, burn victims, heart attacks..everything waaay worse than me. Yet, I've never seen so much determination in my life.



If they can do it, ANYONE can. They took the pain and we're such complete normal, average people. I guess I did too, and I'm so glad it happened...it made me stronger I think. Life's too freaking short to get hung up on the little stuff or get trapped by letting your problems define you as a person.



I'm determined, more than ever, to justify my second chance at life. I'm planning on living life through all it's motions and following all my passions. I owe it to all the people I've met.