Sunday, November 21, 2010

How does life change for immigrant people after their arrival to America?

I would think it depends on where a person is coming from. Do they have at least basic skills in English as a second language? I think it also depends on what area of the US they are planning to settle. I was born and raised in the US, though only second generation of immigrants from Norway, and there are places in the US I don't think I would want to live or even visit. All I could suggest is if the person is able to communicate on a fairly good level, is a legal immigrant, works hard, is honest, and gets involved with their local neighborhood or community, there should not be too many problems adjusting.How does life change for immigrant people after their arrival to America?
After I moved from Canada to the US in 2001 I had to keep reminding myself that Leno is on channel 4 here, not channel 5.
  • advice my marriage
  • thin hair
  •