Thursday, June 2, 2011

Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?

I would love to learn about life changing events that people have experienced. They could be anything at all. Thank you so much for sharing your story.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
Well, I don't have good memory but lots of things have happend to change my life, whether for the + or the -. One thing I can say is that it felt good graduating from high school 4 years ago. =PPlease would you tell me about the day your life changed?
Thanks, but that was not nice, whoever put thumbs down on me! arrrggh!!

Report Abuse

Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
I was driving home from waiting tables about midnight and saw this curvy blonde going down the street. She looked great but was obviously way distressed and was moving fast. I pulled over and helped her. Our daughter is now 29 and my granddaughter is 1 month old.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day my son was born. I became more giving, caring, patient, open to the world as a new and wonderful place.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day I read this: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-megalomania.htm. Afterwards I slowly realized that hatred and violence are defense mechanisms generated by fear.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
I was 35, had my first child. I had been working in children's protective services and never thought much of my safety, potential for harm, didn't think much of my health. First day home from the hospital I hemorrhaged and passed out, almost bled to death. I could hear a brook bubbling, crickets and was aware that my husband's grandmother who just recently passed away was with me. I thought %26quot;Oh how sweet, Marie is here, this is nice....%26quot; All of a sudden I could barely feel a lite little touch on my face and heard my mother saying %26quot;No, don't do this...who's going to raise your baby? You need to stay and take care of your baby...%26quot; I immediately began fighting and wanted to wake up. I did and lived, was scared to death because I was very sick for a long time after. I changed my whole outlook then. I used to be unafraid to die. From that moment on I have seen the importance of being careful, changed my job, take better care of myself. I suddenly became %26quot;important%26quot; because I had a child who needed me and a husband who couldn't do it on his own. I know all this sounds a bit corny and I will never know (maybe never) if my near death experience was an actual visitation but the experience did change my life. My mom says she thouth I was dead and was %26quot;smacking %26quot; my face rather hard. The thought of leaving your kids behind before they are grown is terrifying.

Hope this helps.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day I started practicing yoga. It changed everything about me and changed my view of life. Before the yoga I was so depressed and miserable that I thought I would never be able to see any light or good in life. I am happy to say that I am a better person since practicing the yoga which helps balance mind body and soul. And the yoga helps me work hard to be the best person I can be. The yoga helped me so much that I changed my career path and became a yoga instructor. :)

Thank you for asking; so what about you? Any transforming experiences?Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day my life changed was when I found out that everything I had been taught all my life was not undisputable truth.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day I found out that the management of a company where I had worked for many years had given me a tremendous promotion as a set-up to be a fall guy. It didn't work, but I never trusted any management team of any company from then on.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
My husband and I had raised our three daughters and were enjoying life on our own at last. I had stopped working many years ago and was a stay at home grandmother. I would take my grandson to school and I went to the gym or I did volunteer work or whatever I wanted. At 5:30 p.m. every day my grandson was picked up and I had the rest of the day to myself until my husband came home from work. On his days off we would go deep sea fishing and all kinds of fun things. Then in Febuary 2004, our youngest daughter and her husband split up and he ran off. She was alone in another state with a 3 month old baby so I went and rescued her and told her she could stay with us until she got on her feet. She got a job and passed out at work a few weeks later. That is when we found out she was expecting again. She had a premature baby just a few months later. The baby was born with a whole host of medical problems and was only 10 months younger than her big brother.



Then the life altering day came. My daughter said she was going to Disney World with her friends and woul;d be back in a few days. She decided life was too much fun without the two children so my husband and I have given up our freedom to take care of these precious children. That was 2 1/2 years ago and we are still raising them. I wouldn't trade them for anything but it sure was a big adjustment for us to make. The spare bedroom is now a Buzz Lightyear themed bedroom and the other spare bedroom is a Dora themed bedroom. Instead of taking cruises and going to Mexico for vacations we are going to Disney World and Busch Gardens again. People are always asking us what the children would do without us and my husband always asks what we would do without the children. We love them and are enjoying them to the fullest. They are 2 and 3 years old now and very active but it sure is hard to go from no kids to 2 like that.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
My life changed when I got my grades from college and I got 3 D's and 1 F. My life changed for the worse, I got no credits for any of my courses.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
It happens from time to time, actually, like a greater change in my awareness of true reality. One was when my folks were getting separated %26amp; then divorced.

Another big transition-time came several years later when I visited a church where a close childhood friend of mine had been going to, after we both moved away to different places. He came for a visit, and before he got within 30 feet, I could tell he was somehow different. Turns out, he went to live with another mutual friend, attended his church, and really got close to God. Now, knowing what a rascal he used to be, I got interested in seeing what could make that kind of change.

I'd been reading in 4 certain unrelated passages in the bible for about a month, repeatedly flipping between them as I got bored with one or the other, over time, before I decided to go for a visit. When I got there that Sunday morning, it was different than I was used to at a church service, but the pastor suddenly felt like he should lay aside his prepared sermon and preach %26quot;off-the-cuff%26quot; that day. It was a total mess,-- a %26quot;rabbit-shot%26quot; sermon, ... that hit me right in the face everywhere he went with it. He preached on all 4 of those totally unrelated bible passages that I'd been reading out of for the past month. WOW!! I'd never heard preaching like that in my entire life of growing up, and I'd gone to church nearly every Sunday while growing up. I later also met the pastor's wife, and she had a radiant, joyful face, but looked as if she'd just been weeping %26amp; praying a whole lot, as well. As we talked, someone was surprised that my two friends and I had all come from that same town, as it was known as a place that didn't seem to have much good come out of it.

I guess it was easier to bring us out for help than to help us there.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
My life changed when I was 17 and had my first of what would be a series of Anxiety attacks. I didn't know what it was I was experiencing at the time and did not have trust in my family to help me (they were alcoholics).For years on end I was in what I can only describe as a hazy state of survival. I couldn't eat well; sleep, concentrate and I tried my best to rationalize the experience. I was a prisoner in my own mind and body. I was terrified of my physical reactions to the panic attacks and I was scared to seek out professional help in fear of being institutionalized, drugged or that they may not be able to help me. It wasn't until I was 21 that the attacks ceased. It was out of no where and with that, I had a sense of clarity, sensitivity and an awakening that I do not think I could obtain otherwise.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
every day your life changes it's up to you to make the decisions to make it change for the betterPlease would you tell me about the day your life changed?
The day I met the guy I fell in love with and the day we parted without telling eachother how we felt.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
There have been several occasions when my life changed in a major way ,but the most recent was caused by a major storm.People are tired of hearing about it but you know which one it was.Five homes destroyed ,children all living close by scattered to the four corners of the united states and us 2000 miles from where we used to call home.I won't be specific about details but we are blessed although yes our lives changed totally..even in a bizarre way ,but we are still alive and thats a blessing right there.Please would you tell me about the day your life changed?
When I found out I had a tumor the size of a grapefruit. I had to learn what to let go of.