Thursday, June 2, 2011

How life changing is having a baby?

gonna become a dad, for the first time in oct 07.. people say its life changing.. i%26039;m 25, and would like any advice to help bring up the kid right.. ( BTW, ia int religious, and i want my child to inherit my views on life.. Eg: kick out the spongers what we call illegal immigrants etc)How life changing is having a baby?
I%26039;ll tell you. It%26039;s extremely life changing. Everything you now do, everything you are used to doing by habit will change. You will have to work around all of that to fulfill the responsibility of raising the child, and the younger they are...the more they need you, and more frequently.



To me it was a sobering experience. I gave up alot. I was flying three times a week, and it took two years before I got back into it, I used to love the best car stereo equiptment, and I hadn%26039;t upgraded in 8 years since.



The best part of it all is that no matter what you give up, nothing and I mean NOTHING is more satisfying for me than to have my two daughters run up to me and say, %26quot;I love you daddy!%26quot; I%26039;d give up a whole lot more for that satisfaction - trust me, and you will too!



You will discover that material things do not mean as much, and that doing things as a father do mean more. I think that there must be genetic changes for the father as well as the mother, because you stop thinking like you used to, and being a dad becomes the best thing in the world.



I wish you the very best future with your new baby, it%26039;s the toughest, most tiring and trying job you%26039;ll ever love!



Good luck!How life changing is having a baby?
number one learn how to change a nappy and also to make a bottle for the baby. also to take turns at night sleeping, believe me spongers are the last thing on your mind at 3 in the morning when you are up pacing the floor with your little one ,, good luck and enjoy your sleep while you canHow life changing is having a baby?
I really don%26039;t think you should have decided to have a child. I think your (at least a couple views) views are ignorant. I am hoping that having a child will give you a different outlook on life.How life changing is having a baby?
I think you will be ok as your morals seem pretty sound to me,How life changing is having a baby?
i became a mummy 18 weeks ago, having a baby makes you realise that you ve never loved anyone even close as much as you love them, your whole life revolves around this little person and its the most amazing thing that can happen to you, everything you do will revolve around ttheir happiness and you ll instantly know what to do, im 25 also, good luck! just enjoy being on your own because when they arrive you have no time for yourselfHow life changing is having a baby?
well I can%26039;t imagine anything more life changing than having a child. I mean you go from having no real responsabilities, nothing tying you down, no one to really think of except yourself; to having someone who completely depends on you, and who you have to consider in every decision you make for the next 18+ years! (I say 18+ because parenting never stops at 18).



It%26039;s upto you whether you want to raise your child to not believe in God, and to share other views as you, but you need to recognize that you can%26039;t control that. Just concentrate on instilling the values that are important to you, such as a good work ethic, tolerance, honesty ect.How life changing is having a baby?
Becoming a parent is life-altering. You realize that you%26039;ve never really understood what it is to love someone before, even your spouse. You realize how someone who weighs fewer than 10 pounds (hopefully) can set the weight of the world on your shoulders. You realize you love your spouse more now than ever before ... the sight of my son with my husband or the sight of my husband looking at our soon-to-be-born daughter%26039;s ultrasound pictures makes me love him more than ever. You wonder how you ever felt any meaning in your life without this little person.



Be just as involved as your wife to help bring him or her up right. Kids need their dads right from the start.



Congratulations and good luck.How life changing is having a baby?
I am glad that you care so much about your unborn child that you are concerned that you will bring him or her up right, so many young dads don%26039;t now days. That alone shows that you will. When it comes to your childs beliefs, no matter which way you try to lead them you know as well as I do that they will find thier own beliefs. Do you have the same views as all of your ancestors? NO! Let your child be his own person and you will be a great Daddy!How life changing is having a baby?
Ok.....I am in high school and in middle school we had these mechanical babies and it cried during supper. (typically 5:00) But it was weird because like you form a bond with it. I was sad when I had to give it back.....You will do a good job with it. It is life changing!How life changing is having a baby?
Having a baby changes everything.

You need to watch how you speak and learn proper English-or your child will sound as ignorant as you do.

You should treat others the way you want to be treated.

You should educate yourself on childhood development and spend as much time as you can with your child.

At first you need to make sure your baby feels trust. This is one of the most important things in development.Never let an infant cry it out.The baby needs to know he is always taken care of. An infant cannot ever want something that is not reasonable.Even being held and loved is a necessity.

Maybe you could take a parenting class before the baby comes ?

Good luck and congrats.How life changing is having a baby?
I became a mother for the 1st time at 16 years old. Obviously it wasn%26039;t planned, but I made mistakes, and there I was. I was not raised in a religious environment, but deeply believed in God, as I still do. I did drugs before I got preg. I drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney. I knew my lifestyle was terrible, and that I could potentially end up with a life threatening disease, or even dead.

I did what I wanted to do with no regard to anyone else....

And then I end up preg,. It was an extremely difficult pregnancy. I had severe diabetes....I went from weighing 100 LBS to 180 LBS in 5 months. I hated being preg. I cried and asked God why in the world he would pick someone like me to carry another Human being......Obviously I never received an answer...I continued to get more sick, and continued to get fatter, and through it all, that baby kept growing...Smoking made me sick to my stomach, and I quit everything else as soon as I got preg. So it was just me and that child growing inside me.

I was married to that childs father (at 16.) He is an Athiest...Which I am really surprised that you didn%26039;t use that term when sending out your original question.

My Ex-husband was not raised in a religious env. He didn%26039;t believe in God, and SWORE that his child would NEVER be raised in a religious home...Well...after my beautiful son was born, I told my Ex that it was fine if he did not believe in God, and that it was fine that I did...We would never push God on our son, and we would let him make his own decisions.

SOMEONE decided that I would make good mother...at 16....When my son was born, I held him and again asked God why he would give me the responsibility of raising a child.....Again, I didn%26039;t get an answer..Only a beautiful fat baby boy with eyes and hair the color of stained wood.....

My son is now 14 1/2 and is extremely smart and loving. He%26039;s amazing at sports, and is a wonderful baseball and football player...

And you know what?? He believes in God.

Not because I pushed it down his throat or even discussed it....He believes because it makes it easier for him to absorb the world knowing that he is not alone...

I asked God why he would ever let someone like me get pregnant...I asked God why he would ever give me that responsibility...I thought, for years, that I wasn%26039;t getting a response from God.....And then one day I woke up and went into the kitchen to make breakfast for my son, and he was sitting at the table smiling at me.....I went to his baseball game, and as he rounded home plate, he smiled at me....As my son busted his as* in the sweltering heat, helping me move his grandparents from one house to another, even though he was burnt out and sweating like hel* in June, he smiled at me....And at that point, I realized that God did answer me.....Not in words, not in signs..but in my childs smile, or his tears, or his face when he%26039;s sleeping...

I haven%26039;t touched one drug since the time I found out I was preg...I don%26039;t need to...I have the biggest high I could ever imagine having...I have a person who will live the rest of their life based on what I taught them......And what I gave them..

As I said, I am certainly not a bible thumper or a holy roller.....I am probably the worst example when it comes to potential parents.

Judging from your comments, you seem extremely immature for being 25. The world is what it is...Deal with it...There%26039;s enough hate in the world without you stressing what YOU hate about it....

In all honesty...I don%26039;t see you being the kind of father who is going to really make a positive impact on your child....You%26039;re one of those guys who crave attention and want the focus to be on them all of the time....Before your child is even born, you%26039;ve decided that he has no right to believe in anything more powerful than YOU or himself.....

Yeah...great concept, BUT when the sh*t hits the fan, and he/she can%26039;t come talk to you because you%26039;re so self absorbed, who do they turn to?

Great song for you to listen to.....It%26039;s called Drugs or Jesus.....By Tim McGraw..

Children only have so many options.....Let he/she make their own determinations on what they believe.....Quit being an AS*! You%26039;re going to have a child.

This world has enough limitations.....Don%26039;t be one of them.How life changing is having a baby?
Well, first of all you should stop talking like a chav to teach your child what good communication is, then it might learn how to argue effectively either against your opinions or for them. Proper English spelling and grammar would be a benefit.

%26039;Spongers%26039; shouldn%26039;t be your top-list morals, teach it how to look after itself, respect the environment and other humans. And if you still worry about %26039;spongers%26039;, then teach it to stand up for itself.How life changing is having a baby?
It is as life changing as you want it to be......you will still have the life you chose before, but now there will be a little person in it. what really changes are your priorities........that is where the huge difference is. what was so important before is now a complete afterthought.....

My life is still the same: same job, same house, workout 3 days per week, don%26039;t smoke, etc.

My Priorities are ALL different now: take the safer road, not the faster one. Love Fridays because I get to spend the evening with my baby girl, not because I want to go out with friends. Love getting out of bed early on weekeds to see that little smiling face gazing up at me through the crib rails, have not slept in since she was born and could care less.



Life only gets better when you have a child.



the best advice I can give you........get involved from day one. change diapers, hold bottles, bath the baby.....trust me, you wife does not know what she is doing either and she will need the help those early days. so many men I know are afraid they will %26quot;break%26quot; the tiny baby so they %26quot;let%26quot; the mom do everything.....bad idea. she is scared of that little thing too. get in there and help. she will appreciate it so much, and you will get to have a bond with the baby that many men miss out on.



Bring your child up the best way you see fit.......be firm when it counts, let the little things go.....this especailly comes in to play during the toddler years. teach your child what you believe by showing your child how to do the right thing. be a leader. set a postive example.........



BUT.........enjoy your child!! Laugh when they do crazy things. get down to their level and play like you are his/her age. really enjoy the time. don%26039;t get so worked up in being a parent that you miss out on having a kid.



good luck!!!



P.S.

I do agree with your %26quot;sponger%26quot; comment. I know that the US is the %26quot;meltng pot%26quot; or whatever. But I am SO tired of having to deal with the immigrants. This is America. I should not have to read directions in three languages every time I get a new appliance or new toy for my daughter. if you can%26039;t speak the language, then get out of the country!How life changing is having a baby?
Not all imigrants are spongers. Some are fleeing ignorant fools like you, who torture them %26amp; kill them just for trying to make their country a better place, free from violence %26amp; murder. Not all have done wrong %26amp; are fleeing retaliation. Granted many are %26amp; many may come for the free money/housing too. But some if able to work %26amp; didn%26039;t get raped etc leaving them incontinent %26amp; such, try very hard to work. It%26039;s justice to help the innocent let down by man, where they came from is not important. A fear there will be no true natives left in the country is kind of unfounded.



You should teach them killing is wrong, %26amp; only allowed if someone is actually holding a gun to their head %26amp; there is no other way. If no one killed, we wouldn%26039;t be in the mess we are in now. With ignorant fools even allowed to kill a human before they are even born, it%26039;s disgusting. Abortion is blatently wrong, if we can%26039;t even see the killing when it%26039;s right under our noses, what hope do we have?



Unfortunately I feel the same way too, breeding an army with your own sense of morality, may be the only way to get change. We have not all evolved morally enough yet to undo the wrongs/injustices of this world. But you can%26039;t guarantee anyone will do as you say. Teenagers are known for doing the opposite to what their parents want. So be prepared for them to deliberately do wrong, it%26039;s human nature at the moment.



ps make sure they know the facts of life young %26amp; know where to get enough reliable contraception. Although you may not want to think it, kids have sex younger %26amp; younger. I%26039;m 26 now, but I could have become pregnant at 9yrs old. Older boys, even only a few years older, can push younger girls. They don%26039;t always know the facts %26amp; sometimes feel shame as though it was their fault. Be open %26amp; aproachable with them %26amp; they will feel more enclined to tell you things. And come to you earlier rather than later when they have a problem.How life changing is having a baby?
be there for your babies mother share the day and nite shifts make sure you both have a day off, learn how to do the basic, and the bond will be stronger than ever between you and your new family. thats how to know to be a good parent , you will know what to do when the time comes to make any decisions and if your child decides to have a faith what ever it is you will have to support them im what they believe weather you do or not. do not encurage hate ( althought i agree on the immigrants bit!!) having a baby will change for the better it teaches you how precious a life can be.



good luck, sounds like your make a great dad!!!
  • pets
  • healthier dessert cake recipes
  •