Thursday, June 2, 2011

How does people's life change when they go into dorms ?

do people become more open and more socialized because they go into dorms ?? does life get better and stuff ? can anyone that has moved to dorms describe their experience in change of life ?How does people%26039;s life change when they go into dorms ?
Living in a dorm is usually a person's first taste of freedom. You are away from home for a long period of time, no one to sit there an tell you to go study, take a shower, go to bed, etc. It's a great feeling! Here are some things I remembered about dorms:



- Some are single sex, co-ed by floor or even co-ed by room. My freshman year, I was friends with the guy next door and the gal next to him.

- Where I was, you could opt for a single or a double. I wanted the single - I liked my private space. Plus I thought I'd go for the double and wouldn't you know it, they tried to place me with a gal I disliked from HS. But I have friends who made life-long good friends with the college roommates. My husband is one of them. There was a gang of 8 that he hung around with in college and he is good friends with them to these days. I have also heard horror stories - the boyfriend/girlfriend who stays over all the time (it's cramped enough already!), the late night studier, the snorer, etc. Try to get a roommate you are compatible with!

- You can definitely party in the dorms. We would have %26quot;around the worlds%26quot; - where each room had some alcohol and no one in the hallway would no any better.

- I don't think I changed very much just by moving into the dorms (didn't become more social or anything). You just make a lot of friends.



Have fun! It's the best time of life!How does people%26039;s life change when they go into dorms ?
living in a dorm will hopefully help you become more open minded. people are away from their high school identity and tend to start over.



you will meet so many different people and have experiences like none other. you even become like a little family because you all cook together, hang out together, etc.... nothing like pulling an all nighter with your floormates and then all going to breakfast together the next morning... or all going for a night out together. i lived in the dorms my freshman year and it was one of the best experiences of my life!How does people%26039;s life change when they go into dorms ?
you lose your privacy and your night life becomes an open book to the dorm,but you will make more friends as when you sleep aloneHow does people%26039;s life change when they go into dorms ?
Well in my experience, the dorm life was incredible. Maybe it was just a unique situation with my floor in my dorm, but for two years everyone on my floor was great friends. We all just left our doors open and openly invited in any guests. At any moment a number of friends could be found hanging out in the lobby. Many of the forty guys that lived on the floor that year are some of my best friends to this day. But it is what you make it. You will have to make an effort to meet people at first and hopefully you get lucky and don't get a bunch of shut-ins who always have their doors closed and keep to themselves.



The rooms themselves are small and cramped, however. There's not really getting around that fact.How does people%26039;s life change when they go into dorms ?
I actually hate living in my dorm. Nobody really talks on my floor and some girls are quite mean. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. I don't like living in a cramped space with someone else and having no privacy. Trying to sleep while your neighbors are playing loud music is frustrating. You have freedom, you can stay up as late as you want and whatever, but I don't think that my life has gotten any better. Everything depends on your dorm and personality, etc. Good luck!